Toll Free US 800.697.8007
Secure Online Shopping
The Kestral Talon X is the perfect choice for triathletes looking to train on a road bike but race a tri bike without emptying their wallets on two separate machines; triathletes who race different distances and formats throughout the season; cyclists looking for a bike for their first triathlon or duathlon; or simply riders seeking an aero road bike with a host of smart features.
Designed for riders that want a fast, agile aero bike with modern features. Those seeking to race triathlon, but train primarily on the road.
- Constructed from Kestrel’s highest grade 800k KSL carbon using EPS inner molds to optimize compaction, which provides a lighter, stronger and better riding bike.
- The geometry is ideally suited for road and triathlon use and uses a tapered 1 1/8""-1 1/2"" head tube which enhances lateral stiffness for excellent steering precision.
- The full carbon KSL fork is shaped to match the aerodynamics of the downtube. Direct mount brake offers increased performance and tire clearance.
- PF30 bottom bracket maximizes frame stiffness at the crank.
- Direct mount caliper brakes offer better performance with improved tire clearance over standard calipers.
- Chain stay mounted rear brake improves aerodynamics and allows the seat stays to provide additional vibration dampening.
- Oversized and shaped downtube increases stiffness at key areas to optimize power transfer
- Shaped seat stays provide increased compliance for more comfort over uneven road surfaces
- Asymmetrically shaped chain stays are designed to improve lateral stiffness and power transfer.
- KSL aero seat post offers reversibility to allow the rider perfect fitment for road or triathlon use.
- Integrated seat post clamp offers a cleaner aesthetic and improved aerodynamics
- Each of frame size has unique tube lengths, diameters, shapes, and carbon layups to produce the best possible ride quality for every size rider.
- Shimano 105 drivetrain provides reliable performance year after year
- Oval Concepts 300 crankset featuring Praxis Works chain rings for best in class shift performance
- Oval Concepts 350/750 aero bar system provides ease of adjustment and performance
|Frame:||Kestrel Super Light (KSL) 800K high-modulus carbon fiber, PF30 BB|
|Fork:||KSL Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" tapered carbon steerer|
|Headset:||FSA integrated 1 1/8" top, 1 1/2" bottom|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano 105, 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano 105, braze-on|
|Shifters:||Microshift BS-A11 bar-end, 11-speed|
|Cassette:||SunRace, 11-28T, 11-speed|
|Chain:||KMC X11 w/MissingLink, 11-speed|
|Brakes:||Shimano BR-RS505 Hyd Disc160/F and 160/R mm SM-RT70 CL Rotor|
|Crankset:||Oval 300, 50/34T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Praxis PF30 Conversion|
|Handlebar:||Oval Concepts 750 6061 alloy base bar, Oval Concepts 750 6061 alloy clip-on|
|Stem:||Oval Concepts 313, 3D-forged 6061 stem body, +/-7°|
|Saddle:||Oval Concepts 344, Steel rail|
|Wheels:||Oval Concepts 327, 700c 20/24H rims|
|Tires:||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro, 700 x 25c, folding|