SRAM's new 1090-R2C (Return to Center) bar-end shift levers have an internal mechanism that returns the lever to the initial alignment after each gear change. This along with provision to adjust the lever start position as desired - presumably to horizontal in line with airflow - ensures that the lever presents the minimum frontal area to the wind for optimal aerodynamics. SRAM claims a saving of between 10 and 36 seconds over an Ironman® bike leg. The shift is also claimed to be exceptionally fast.
Using carbon composites, titanium and aluminium alloys in their construction, the R2C levers are projected to weigh 195g per pair and will be compatible with RED, Force and Rival groupsets. They are also designed to attach directly to ZIPP's Vuka aerobars.
* Speeds: 10 rear/ 2 front
* Weight: (projected) 195 grams
* Material: Carbon fiber, Ti, Composite, AL
* Compatibility: RED, Force, Rival
* Return to Center Shift Levers (F & R)
* Start position lever adjust
* Ergonomic profile
* Significant aerodynamic drag savings
* Mounts to Zipp Vuka shifter boss