The Speedplay X Series' innovative design and unrestricted float changed the shape of clipless pedals and continues to prove that user-friendliness, comfort, and improved performance are all attainable in a simple, lightweight package. The unique shape of X pedals provides knee-saving lateral rotation, without the self-centering action inherent in most pedals - your knees don't have to work against spring tension. The compact, low-profile shape of X pedals positions your foot closer to the spindle for optimal power transmission and unmatched cornering clearance. And their dual-sided design ensures easy entry and exit. X Series Pedals were Speedplay's first double-sided design and earned a prestigious Designers Choice Award from ID Magazine, the premier publication in the field of industrial design.
Easy dual-sided entry: no kicking it over, no looking down, no fumbling.
Half the weight of most other clipless systems:
- X/5 Chrome-Moly pedals per pair - 220g
- X/2 Stainless pedals per pair - 198g
- X/1 Titanium pedals per pair - 150g
- X cleats per pair - 62g
- Non-centering free float minimizes the potential for knee strain.
- Unbeatable cornering clearance: X/1 - 39 degrees; X/2 - 37 degrees; X/5 - 35 degrees.
- Large contact area, extremely stable cleat-to-shoe connection.
- Compatible with virtually all 3-hole and 4-hole shoe mountings.
- Standard step-in, turn-out entry and release.
- Built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
- True locking mechanism - engagement security is independent of spring tension.
- X/5 features needle and cartridge bearings for improved durability and easier servicing.
- X/5 incorporates an earlier release angle than the race-oriented X/1 and X/2. The X/5 needs only a slight heel twist to exit, so you'll have no worries about getting out when you need to.
Note: X-Series pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Light Action and Zero cleats. X-Series cleats are not compatible with Light Action and Zero pedals.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to write a review.Write A Review