Home ⁄ Nutrition ⁄ Supplements ⁄ Salt Stick Capsules - 100 count (Item #01-0030-SS-CAPS)
SaltStick Salt Stick Capsules - 100 count
Saltstick electrolyte capsules are crucial to minimize muslce cramping, heat stress and fatigue due to unbalanced electrolyte blood levels. Saltstick is the ONLY electrolyte capsule that was formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost during activity: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Only 1 capsule per serving. Suggested use: 1 capsule per 30-60 minutes during activity
- Buffered salt composition that helps digestion and absorption
- Each capsule contains: 215 mg sodium, 63 mg potassium, 22 mg calcium, 11 mg magnesium, 100 IU Vitamin D
- Vegetable-based capsule composition; Bio-available active ingredients. GMP production
- Contains only WHAT YOU NEED. No: herbal, trace, questionable components added. Gluten free.
- No sweeteners- no high fructose corn syrup, no sweeteners of any kind
- Does not contain any World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) or International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned substances
- Unique formulation is patent pending; Engineered by a Ph.D. chemist who is also a pro triathlete
- Saltstick¨ Caps uniquely includes vitamin D that helps the body absorb and utilize calcium.
Why do many athletes need electrolyte supplementation?
Hyponatremia, a medical condition marked by low blood sodium levels, can lead to nausea, fatigue, cramping, vomiting, weakness, sleepiness, and in rare severe cases, even death. Five electrolytes in particular play a pivotal role in maintaining normal human muscle function: sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and chloride. A shortage of any of these electrolytes will affect athletic performance through a range a subtle to serious side effects. Sweat typically has about 1000 mg sodium/liter, a typical sports drink has 440 mg sodium/liter. If, during the course of training, you ingest nothing but sports drinks (or worse, water), you will become hyponatremic at some point. Many sports drinks also do not address any form of supplementation of the other key electrolytes, potentially causing yet further cramping and muscle issues. A popular and simple solution to electrolyte shortage due to sweating is supplementation using electrolyte capsules.
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review