Home ⁄ Bike ⁄ Wheels ⁄ Aero & TT Wheels ⁄ Clincher ⁄ 8.9 SES Clincher Wheelset - DT240 (Item #13UENV-100-3100-051)
ENVE 8.9 SES Clincher Wheelset - DT240
THE EVOLUTION OF SPEED. INTRODUCING THE SMART ENVE SYSTEM - When discussing the Smart ENVE System 8.9 with riders who have just pedaled them for the first time, the words frequently used to describe the experience are, “versatile, stable, smooth, snappy, solid, and fast”.
The 8.9 is the third installment of the Smart ENVE System™ (SES™) aero wheel line. With an 85mm deep front rim and a 95 mm rear, the Smart ENVE System 8.9s were developed in the wind tunnel, on a bike frame, with a mannequin rider to optimize speed and stability. The 8.9 is not only engineered to produce class leading drag numbers when installed on a bike, but the shape of the rim is optimized to ensure even and predictable airflow attachment allowing for improved handling and confidence in variable crosswinds. A perfect TT or triathlon wheelset, the Smart ENVE System 8.9s have already made a mark with a 5th place finish under Timo Bracht at the 2011 Ironman World Championship and 1st place finish at the 2011 Australian Ironman
Known for producing the strongest, stiffest and lightest rims on the market, ENVE’s SES™ 8.9s are no different, and equally at home in the peloton as they are in Kona.
The Smart ENVE System optimizes the interface between the frame surfaces and the wheels, creating an integrated system. The front and rear wheels interact differently with the air and the rest of the bicycle. Rim shapes are optimized to allow airflow to stay attached at higher yaw angles, thus reducing drag and improving ride performance.
- The front wheel is wider and shallower to improve stability and reduce drag in any wind condition.
- The rear wheel is deeper to reduce drag where stability is less affected.
- Wheels were tested on multiple frame designs in order to produce the maximum drag reduction. The result is a wheel system, which handles predictably, and displays superior drag results when installed in multiple bicycle frame designs.
SES 8.9 Clincher Specs
- Rim depth (F/R): 85mm / 95mm
- Rim width (outer): 26mm / 24mm
- Hole count: 16 / 20
- Shimano compatible
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review