The Cervelo R2Posted by Nytro Multisport | 07.17.2014
The new R2 uses the same frame as the award-winning R3, paired with a more economical fork and its own graphics package. Matched to dependable Shimano RS010 wheels with 23C Vittoria Rubino Pro rubber, and crisp-shifting 11-speed 105 groupset, it’s a combination that delivers everything you’d demand from an affordable road machine: Pro-level performance that includes light weight, exceptional stiffness, instant response and cornering precision.
Carbon Dropouts - Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength versus traditional metal dropouts.
Future-Proof Cable Management - Future-Proof Cable Management ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
Squoval - A library of shapes that combine the attributes of a square and an oval to achieve an ideal balance of stiffness, weight, and aerodynamics.
Ultra Thin Seat Stays - Shapes and materials can add stiffness where it counts. They can also be designed to take stiffness away from where you don't want it.
Evolved Steerer Design - Different frame designs call for different steerer dimensions. We use the right dimension in the right application.
Reduced-Friction BB Guide - Smooth shifting that is easy to set up is no accident. Designing shifting requires a detailed approach. Small details have a huge impact.
BBright - BBright increases system stiffness and reduces frame weight while allowing for a large range of crank compatibility in a modern press fit system.
- 1. Lighter, More Aero Frame - Same frame as the Cervelo R3—lighter than most competitors in this price range, and far more aerodynamic.
- 2. Stiffer Front End - Increased head tube stiffness for more precise cornering & handling.
- 3. Future-Proof Cable - Routing Lightweight, interchangeable fittings click into the frame to fit mechanical, electronic, or hydraulic lines, making the R2 fully upgradable…not to mention sleek, smooth, and mechanic-friendly.
- 4. Less Drag - Squoval™ leading edges and corner radii combine with reoriented seat stay ellipses to reduce air drag by > 7 Watts (vs previous R3 generation)
- 5. Increased BB stiffness - 8% stiffer at the bottom bracket than the previous-generation R3.